Last modified: April 25, 2017.
Auto Master Systems, Inc. (“AMS”) respects your privacy and is committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy. This policy describes the types of information we may access or collect from you or that you may provide when you use any of the services provided by AMS or visit the auto master.com website or an AMS-created control panel website to access services provided by AMS (all services and websites collectively “Services”), and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting and disclosing that information.
This policy applies to information that AMS collects by virtue of your use of the Services, in e-mail, text and other electronic messages between you and the Services and through mobile and desktop applications you download from the Services. It does not apply to information collected by AMS offline, through any third party, including through any application content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Services, or through any other means, including on any other website operated by AMS or any third party (including any vendors or suppliers of AMS).
Collection of Personal Information
User Access Controls
You are responsible for managing user access controls within the Services. You define the usernames, roles, and password characteristics (length, complexity, and expiration timeframe) for your users subject to AMS’s requirements. You are entirely responsible for any failure by you, your agents, contractors or employees (including without limitation all of your users) to maintain the security of all usernames, passwords and other account information under your control. Except in the event of a security lapse caused by our gross negligence or willful action or inaction, you are entirely responsible for all use of the Services through your usernames and passwords whether or not authorized by you and any charges resulting from such use. You will immediately notify us if you become aware of any unauthorized use of the Services.
Use and Disclosure of Personal Information
AMS may use and disclose personal information for specific purposes, including without limitation:
- For compiling aggregate statistics of the use of the Services;
- For maintenance and administration of the Services;
- To follow up on comments and other messages that users submit to AMS through the Services;
- For direct marketing and promotional efforts by or on behalf of AMS (unless the user opts-out of receiving such information);
- To contractors or other third party vendors or suppliers that AMS uses to support its business;
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger; divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of AMS’s assets;
- For contacting and recruiting individuals who submit résumés through AMS or a third party’s web site;
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it;
- For any other purpose disclosed by AMS when you provide the information; and
- With your consent.
AMS may disclose your personal information in order to enforce a services agreement, license agreement or any other agreement with you, or in urgent circumstances to protect personal safety, the public, AMS or the Services. It is also possible that AMS may be required by law to disclose your personal information pursuant to judicial or other government subpoenas, warrants, or orders, potentially, in any location where AMS does business.
Pursuant to Section 1798.83 of the California Civil Code, residents of California can obtain certain information about the types of personal information that companies with whom they have an established business relationship have shared with third parties for direct marketing purposes during the preceding calendar year. In particular, the law provides that companies must inform consumers about the categories of personal information that have been shared with third parties, the names and addresses of those third parties, and examples of the types of services or products marketed by those third parties. To request a copy of the information disclosure required by Section 1798.83 of the California Civil Code, please contact AMS via email at email@example.com and allow 30 days for a response.
Correcting, Updating and Removing Personal Information
If a user’s personal information changes or is incorrect, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org so that AMS may make any necessary updates or corrections. Additionally, in the event that a user of the Services does provide personal information and later wishes to have AMS remove the personal information, please contact email@example.com in order to do so.
Data Security and Integrity
AMS has put in place certain technological and procedural security functions in order to protect the personal information it collects, uses or transfers from loss, misuse, alteration or destruction. In addition, AMS will use reasonable efforts to remove a user’s personal information when it is no longer required for the purposes set forth above. However, AMS cannot guarantee that any loss, misuse, alteration, destruction or retention will or will not occur, and makes no representations to this effect. AMS also cannot (and does not) make any guarantees or representations with respect to, or assume any responsibility for, the security of any devices not provided by AMS (including your personal cellular device or computer), any infrastructure or materials not exclusively controlled by AMS or with respect to the Internet in general.
Third Party Websites
1. The Website and the material contained therein may not be modified, copied, distributed, republished, downloaded, uploaded or commercially exploited in any manner without the prior written consent of Auto Master, except that you are permitted to print or download on a single computer a copy of any of the materials on the Website for personal non-commercial use, provided no copyright, trademark or other proprietary notices are removed. No intellectual property or other rights in or to the Website or its contents are transferred to you.
2. The photographs, artwork and information contained in this site are copyrighted and may not be distributed, modified, reused, reposted, or otherwise used outside the scope of normal web browsing without the express written permission of Auto Master.
3. You hereby acknowledge and agree that your relationship with Auto Master is not a confidential, fiduciary, or other special relationship, and that your decision to submit any material to Auto Master does not place Auto Master in a position of trust or any position that is any different from the position held by members of the general public with regard to the material you submit. You hereby waive any moral rights (or “droit moral”) you may have in and to any materials that you submit to Auto Master, even if such material is altered or changed in a manner not agreeable to you.
4. The information on the Website is provided solely for illustrative purposes and does not create any business, contractual or employment relationship.
7. You agree that you will:
(b) not access, or attempt to access, restricted or registration-required portions of the Website by any means other than the interface provided by Auto Master;
(c) not transmit, post, send, upload, distribute, submit or otherwise make available any materials or content that violate any law or that constitute false, harmful, threatening, abusive, tortious, defamatory, libelous, disparaging (including disparagement of Auto Master), vulgar, obscene, or pornographic material or material that promotes violence, racial hatred, terrorism or illegal acts, or is otherwise objectionable (as determined by Auto Master in its sole discretion);
(d) not transmit, post, send, upload, distribute, submit or otherwise make available any content that is unlawful or infringes, violates or misappropriates any patent, trademark, trade secret, publicity right, privacy right, copyright or any other intellectual property rights or any other rights of any third party;
(e) not interfere with or disrupt the use and enjoyment of the Website by Auto Master or any third party;
(f) not transmit, post, send, upload, distribute, submit or otherwise make available any viruses, Trojan horses or other harmful, disruptive or destructive files or material that interfere with Auto Master’s or any third party’s use and enjoyment of the Website and any other software, hardware and data;
(g) not impersonate any person or entity, or otherwise disguise the origin of any content transmitted through the Website or to Auto Master, including, without limitation, forging any TCP/IP packet header or any part of the header information in any transmission to the Website for any reason;
(h) not transmit, post, send, upload, distribute, submit or otherwise make available through the Website any personal advertising, junk mail, spam, chain letters, pyramid schemes or offer for sale of any products or services, except in areas, if any, specifically designated for such purposes;
(i) not resell, frame, duplicate, reproduce or otherwise commercially exploit the Website without the prior written agreement of Auto Master;
(j) not remove, obscure or alter any proprietary rights notices on the Website or any material obtained from or through the Website.
8. The material on the Website and the Website itself is provided “as is” and is without warranty of any kind. Auto Master disclaims all warranties, express or implied, including without limitation, the implied warranties of title, non-infringement, security, merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose, with respect to the Website and the material on the Website. Auto Master also makes no representations or warranties as to whether the information accessible on or through use of the Website is accurate, complete or current. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT PERMIT THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO THE ABOVE EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. YOU MANY HAVE OTHER RIGHTS WHICH VARY BY JURISDICTION. IF THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES ARE NOT ALLOWED TO BE EXCLUDED IN THEIR ENTIRETY, YOU AGREE THAT THEY WILL BE LIMITED TO THE GREATEST EXTENT AND SHORTEST DURATION PERMITTED BY LAW.
10.The posting of any content or material to the Website and the creation of a link from the Website to any other website are expressly prohibited without the prior written consent of Auto Master.
12.The Website may contain links to third party websites. These third party websites may be affiliated with Auto Master or unaffiliated. Auto Master is not responsible for, and you agree that Auto Master will have no liability to you for, the availability, content or performance of any portion of the Internet including other websites to which the Website may be linked, to which your access may be directed from the Website or from which an Auto Master website may be accessed. Auto Master does not regularly review materials on websites linked to the Website or connected to (or to which you are directed through use of) the Website and does not endorse the materials appearing on any such websites.